Welcome!Welcome to Agape Leadership Development, a homeschool support group for eastern North Carolina. We would like to wholeheartedly invite you to join us. We hope this website is helpful in finding the answers you are seeking about homeschooling. Find out where we'll be by looking below in the news feed. You can also click [About Us] for more information.
Our MissionTo provide Christian support through fellowship events to all home educators in Onslow and surrounding counties with the purpose of unifying, encouraging, empowering, informing, and equipping.
NC DNPE Home School Guidebook
New to homeschooling or just doing some research on the topic? This guidebook is a great place to start!
Agape News Feed
Deppe Park in Hoffman Forest, 5472 New Bern Hwy., Maysville, NC, 28555
Age limit: All ages
Agape park days will typically be the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month beginning in September all the way through May (with the exception of December 17th). We will rotate locations around Onslow County to provide diversity and convenience for all Agape families. Inclement weather will not affect this schedule and decisions to participate need to be made on a day-by-day basis by each family. Pack your lunch and join us after the ballet for a picnic at the park. Not as far as it sounds, Deppe Park is just off 17 North.
Cape Carteret Baptist Church, 101 Anita Forte Dr., Cape Carteret, NC
Entry Fee $15.00
Open to all local homeschooled students.
Entry Fee/Abstract Deadline October 24th. All other forms due by Nov 14th.
To participate submit the following by:
Please don’t begin your project until you have submitted the above and the project has been approved by the SRC/IRB committee. Depending on the type of project chosen more forms may be required and must be completed prior to beginning research. Here is a link to help you determine if more forms may be required: http://apps.societyforscience.org/isef/students/wizard/index.asp
All projects must follow either the Scientific Inquiry Cycle or the Engineering Design Cycle.
All submissions can be made via email @ CCCCSciencefair@gmail.com
Agape C.O.R.E. Membership (New)Homeschoolers in our area have enjoyed the flexible structure of Agape Leadership Development and our patron list has grown to 400+ families over the last decade. During the 2012-2013 school year, it became clear that many of Agape's homeschool families were looking for an additional option that would provide a closer connection with each other and a stronger sense of community. This has resulted in the creation of Agape C.O.R.E. (Centered on Relationships and Encouragement). C.O.R.E. membership is available to families that actively homeschool students from Kindergarten to graduation. Annual C.O.R.E. membership is $25 per family with a calendar year that runs August 1st through July 31st. Benefits for C.O.R.E. members are:
• Monthly field trips and specialized activities (see the CORE Calendar),
• Semi-monthly park days,
• Annual group testing,
• Access to a private Facebook group,
• Monthly activities/events for K-2nd grade (called Primary Pals),
• Semi-monthly activities/events for teenagers (called F.L.O.C.—Future Leaders of Our Communities),
• Monthly moms’ nights,
• Free admission to Agape seminars,
• Annual promotion & graduation ceremony
• Access to special pages on the Agape website with helpful homeschool information.
Want to join C.O.R.E.? Follow these six easy steps (all six MUST be completed):
1. Fill in the registration form (on the right) on this page.
2. Then send your $25.00 fee (either mail check or pay via PayPal on the [Fee$] page).
3. When we receive your fee, we'll notify you via e-mail to move onto Step 4. (Please wait for the confirmation e-mail before moving onto Step 4.)
4. Once you receive the e-mail, you can complete the registration on the CORE Calendar or other protected pages.
5. After you finish that (second) registration form, the website will automatically generate a confirmation e-mail.
6. To complete the process, you MUST respond to the automatically-generated e-mail from the website.
Agape C.O.R.E. Registration Form
Agape Founder: Carol OakleyAn Onslow County homeschooler for 13 years, Carol has a passion for helping other families on their homeschooling journey.
Agape Event Coordinator: Michelle CookeA mother of 4 children, Michelle has homeschooled all grade levels. Michelle enjoys working with children and serving the community.
Social Media Liason (Guru): Ashley WaitesAshley is fairly new to Jacksonville and homeschooling, but is proficient in Facebook (so long as they don't update again today). She homeschools two of her three children and enjoys ministry at her local church.
You are visitor number: 3197