Welcome!Welcome to Agape Leadership Development, a homeschool support group for eastern North Carolina. We would like to wholeheartedly invite you to join us. We hope this website is helpful in finding the answers you are seeking about homeschooling. Find out where we'll be by looking below in the news feed. You can also click [About Us] for more information.
Our MissionTo provide Christian support through fellowship events to all home educators in Onslow and surrounding counties with the purpose of unifying, encouraging, empowering, informing, and equipping.
NC DNPE Home School Guidebook
New to homeschooling or just doing some research on the topic? This guidebook is a great place to start!
Agape News Feed
Age limit: All ages
Agape park days will typically be the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month beginning in September all the way through May. We will rotate locations around Onslow County to provide diversity and convenience for all Agape families. Inclement weather will not affect this schedule and decisions to participate need to be made on a day-by-day basis by each family. Bring a sketchbook to draw things you see along the nature trail!
Tar Landing Baptist Church, 3884 Richlands Hwy., Jacksonville, NC
Parenting today is more of a challenge than ever. As Christians, we want to raise our children to walk with God all of their lives. How do we do that? We must go back to God's instructions in the Bible. In Deuteronomy 11, God gives us wisdom and instruction. Join us as we speak from transparency in doing some things well and making mistakes in others. God is gracious to give us second chances. www.marriagemattersnow.com
Please purchase tickets by March 9th. Make checks payable to TLBC and mail to: 3884 Richlands Hwy. Jacksonville, NC 28540
Refreshments included. Door prizes.
For additional information contact: TLBC Associate Pastor Robert Williams TLBC office: 346-8709 Robert mobile: 389-1051
$25 per person
Agape C.O.R.E. Membership (New)Homeschoolers in our area have enjoyed the flexible structure of Agape Leadership Development and our patron list has grown to 400+ families over the last decade. During the 2012-2013 school year, it became clear that many of Agape's homeschool families were looking for an additional option that would provide a closer connection with each other and a stronger sense of community. This has resulted in the creation of Agape C.O.R.E. (Centered on Relationships and Encouragement). C.O.R.E. membership is available to families that actively homeschool students from Kindergarten to graduation. Annual C.O.R.E. membership is $25 per family with a calendar year that runs August 1st through July 31st. Benefits for C.O.R.E. members are:
• Monthly field trips and specialized activities (see the CORE Calendar),
• Semi-monthly park days,
• Annual group testing,
• Access to a private Facebook group,
• Monthly activities/events for K-2nd grade (called Primary Pals),
• Semi-monthly activities/events for teenagers (called F.L.O.C.—Future Leaders of Our Communities),
• Monthly moms’ nights,
• Free admission to Agape seminars,
• Annual promotion & graduation ceremony
• Access to special pages on the Agape website with helpful homeschool information.
Want to join C.O.R.E.? Follow these six easy steps (all six MUST be completed):
1. Fill in the registration form (on the right) on this page.
2. Then send your $25.00 fee (either mail check or pay via PayPal on the [Fee$] page).
3. When we receive your fee, we'll notify you via e-mail to move onto Step 4. (Please wait for the confirmation e-mail before moving onto Step 4.)
4. Once you receive the e-mail, you can complete the registration on the CORE Calendar or other protected pages.
5. After you finish that (second) registration form, the website will automatically generate a confirmation e-mail.
6. To complete the process, you MUST respond to the automatically-generated e-mail from the website.
Agape C.O.R.E. Registration Form
Agape Founder: Carol OakleyAn Onslow County homeschooler for 13 years, Carol has a passion for helping other families on their homeschooling journey.
Agape Event Coordinator: Michelle CookeA mother of 4 children, Michelle has homeschooled all grade levels. Michelle enjoys working with children and serving the community.
Social Media Liason (Guru): Ashley WaitesAshley is fairly new to Jacksonville and homeschooling, but is proficient in Facebook (so long as they don't update again today). She homeschools two of her three children and enjoys ministry at her local church.
You are visitor number: 4156